Thursday, December 16, 2010

And so it begins

*before I begin the story everyone must know that Payten can go up and down stairs well and has been for a couple months.

I knew tantrums and power struggles were coming but I did not think that it would be this soon.  She is only 16 months old!  She has thrown tantrums before but it is usually over pretty quickly.  Not today.  We had just gotten dressed upstairs in our room and were about to go downstairs to have breakfast.  Something, not sure what, provoked Payten to get in her fit throwing position (sitting with face on the ground) and proceed to scream.  I was not going to give in.  I waited and gave her plenty of opportunities to get up and ask me please to carry her downstairs.  She, however, was not giving in either.  So I went down and had my breakfast.  I did go check on her frequently to see if she had changed her mind with no such luck.
Finally after this went on for 50 minutes she decided to come down and grace us with her presence. 


This is going to be a hard couple of years with both of us being SO stubborn.

On another note, Camille gave Payten her first haircut.  We just buzzed it all to a uniform length.

1 comment:

  1. stay strong ash! this pic is classic. I'm sure kaity can give you a lot better advice than i can... :)

    ReplyDelete